Did you ever get the feel that the Universe was reading your mind?
It’s been one of those days–one of those glorious weeks actually when every thing I do or see somehow has a deeper connection to the mental stew I’ve been brewing. Right now the dish I’m trying to serve up is a bit odd to say the least. The flavor certainly isn’t right, odd textures, and a lot of it is just water and some bouillon cubes. Yes, I should have made stock, but I was in a hurry to start some things cooking. People wanted to eat, and I felt like a truck had dragged me down the Thruway behind it.
But the stuff I saw along the way…. Wow!
A good example of this recent serendipity some in this form. On Monday, I spent almost an hour on the phone with my grandmother, making sure I had remembered some stories she told me when I was much younger, catching up on news…. Basically making up for the fact I didn’t dare drive out to Syracuse and visit with our beat up old car. And as I was recording some of these stories onto the computer (for a blog post, for posterity, and for my steel sieve of a mind), this NPR article, “Rasputin Was My Neighbor”, about so-called “Human Wormholes” came through on my Facebook feed.
Two cool (writing related) things happened this week.
- I was invited to do a guest blog on my friend Elaine Stock’s page Everyone’s Story. It seems to have gone well, but the intimidation factor has been huge. Elaine posts pieces from some amazing writers, and I wasn’t sure I would ever be equal to the task. Check her page out every Friday evening (EST) to meet her newest guest and their amazing tales.
- I received my very first blog award (BIG thank you to Natasha over at My Writing Adventures & Other Words for this) the Versatile Blogger Award. Yay me…I think.
Now, the rules are supposed to be as stated in this image, but… Well, I’m fudging them. While I’ve toyed with blogging somewhat before this, this is my first REAL foray into it. I’m usually more of a lurker, and while I follow (and read) a ton of blogs on various subjects, I seldom comment. (It’s actually because of the ROW80 people that I found the nerve to break out of my shell and feel that other bloggers might want me posting on their pages–a slow process, but I am getting more and more comfortable with posting on other people’s pages.) So, instead of following the rules (which I am posting here as they should be), I have for your pleasure five wonderful blogs I hope you will check out and enjoy. Next week I will post five more. And the week after that…five more.
So for the first 5 people (and their blogs in no particular order, trust me) I am nominating for the Award:
- Darlene Steelman at The Daily Woman
- Shan Jeniah Burton at The Unfettered Life (though her writer blog ShanJeniah is really cool too)
- Elaine Stock at Everyone’s Story
- Brett Myers at Surface Nuisance
- Shah Wharton at Shah Wharton, Author Blog
And for my first three Random Facts about me:
- I don’t like to eat ice cream at home
- the exception to #1 is that I LOVE homemade ice cream sodas but don’t like to get them at restaurants
- I miss the Nestle Alpine White chocolate bar
Next week, I will post another five blogs and another three random facts. This seems a lot more fun anyway. 😉