In the wake of insanity run rampant this week, I almost avoided doing a check-in yet again. I mean, it’s not as if there wasn’t some kind of update on Sunday…granted I posted it on Facebook in the ROW80 group. This is how it read:
I have written over 20,000 words in my JuNoWriMo novel, and most of them are words I actually LIKE.
I have kept up with my sponsor duties.
I have commented and posted on blogs.
I’ve allowed myself the emotional space to enjoy life and time with family as well as write.
I had fun hosting some of the #wordsprints for the WriMo.
I managed over 5K words yesterday.
I’m in a really neat section of the story and I want to get back to writing it.
I’m still maintaining those numbers, PLUS (happy big excitement time for me) I am finally figuring out how some of the real virtues of Tweetdeck due to my hosting wordsprints for the #JuNoWriMo challenge. Much easier than running Tweetdeck and Google Chrome (and occasionally Seamonkey as well) to keep all the various accounts for things separate. Since I often run several such programs for different tasks (notably to keep track of all my wandering logins on my laptop), this had not seemed to much of an issue.
BOY did Monday convince me otherwise. (Monday and Tuesday evenings were very hectic sprints.) But I think it worked out well enough. And I find that I really love running these sprints. A very big thank you to Julie Jordan Scott for helping get me involved. And if Anna and Becca decide they need me for next year, they can count on me. ♥
Wait! Wasn’t this a check-in?
Umm, well, yeah… But this is what I have been doing for my ROW80 right now.
- I’ve been writing ( 29,871 words today for the one WiP and a little over 12K on the one for CampNaNoWriMo)….a LOT!
- I’m learning more about the tools I have at my disposal here (ie. Tweetdeck).
- I am still somewhat managing to do some of the social media circles out there (though my Facebooking has suffered a LOT since June started)
- I’ve found some small amount of balance with the new home-life and pursuing the path to publication. YAY!
- Most of ALL…. Writing has become FUN again.
The only thing that bothers me about all of this happy chaos is the way that I have a tendency to get so caught up in the glow of the words and the story that I lose track and don’t visit those wonderful people who have encouraged me to get to this point. Not just online, but in real life…
So this is a projection of what is to come for the next ROWnd…
- I will not be a sponsor for the next ROWnd. However, Kait has my word that I will happily do it for ROWnd 1 in 2013 if she wants me. (I’ll even consider ROWnd 4 for this year, but since I will by necessity be away from computers for almost two weeks during ROWnd 3… It seemed wiser to avoid it.)
- I will be missing several check-ins
- I will be doing the August CampNaNoWrimo–I’m finding this mad writing dash, then pause, then dash again…ebb and flow of writing works very well for me.
- Beyond the WriMo, I will be dedicating the third ROWnd for getting my blogs and author pages straightened out. (The awards I’ve received and the tags I’ve received will also be dealt with during this time–THANK YOU for your patience everyone! I appreciate the thoughts–I’m just not that organized right now.)
- I will be making a point in July to visit as many people I owe… real visits when I can, but certainly electronic as necessary.
- I will be making the (so-far) Unnamed Story into an ebook (I think–still considering this). So if anyone would like to recommend a good editor to go through the story with me with a fine tooth comb, I’d love a heads up.
So that’s it. No Unnamed Story post tonight or at all this week. I should have something ready by next Tuesday. Although my “crappy first draft” energy is definitely being spent elsewhere at the moment….
- ROW80 Check-In (Almost the last one…) (belleofmountains.wordpress.com)
- Any “Writing Thing” is Possible When the Word-Love is Strong Enough #row80 (juliejordanscott.typepad.com)
- Photo Credit: “Writing on the wood is prohibited.” DSC07600 (Photo credit: Nicolas Karim)