This Wednesday I posted my tentative schedule for this blog. Tentative as this work in progress is something of an experiment in self-discovery and will likely change several more times before it becomes anything stable.
Until I get around to rewriting the sidebars (challenging on my laptop screen as if doesn’t give me a very clear “overall” view of the page’s appearance when I’m previewing things), here is a recap of the new schedule with updated notes:
- Sunday — Writing and the ROW80 check-in
- Wednesday — Life as I know it and the ROW80 check-in
- Friday — Friday Photoblog
Today being Friday, welcome to the first installment of Friday Photoblog, where I will share some of my favorite images, ask opinions of composition and edits. On occasion I will give my (amateur) opinion on the equipment I’m using or hope to use some day.
But not today…
For now, let me simply share some links. The first two link to my public photostreams on Imgur and Flickr. The third is a generic Canon Powershot G5 search in Flickr so that you can compare what more experienced photographers have achieved with similar equipment (assume photos have been edited unless the photographer posts information to the contrary). The others are links to reviews of G5 (the camera I use now) so that people can see what more professional photographers say about advantages and limitations of the machinery.
- Kymele on Imgur (older images, shot in auto-mode)
- Kymele Des a;Lora on Flickr (some older images, some newer)
- Images on Flickr made with the G5
- the Digital Photography Review’s review of the G5
- PC Magazine’s review (that date… yeah, the camera is that old)
- Jeff Spirer’s review (he shoots more the way I am trying to shoot, so his review helped me understand my camera a lot better than most)
At the moment I’m looking for a more suitable site to store my pictures on. Imgur is definitely an easy site to work with, but I’m not comfortable with the site security over long-term (it presumes rights rather than states them clearly). Flickr has a lot to recommend it, save that it’s a Yahoo toy, and I have issues with the recent changes in their corporate structure.
Any particular photos (mine or other people’s) that stand out to you? What do you like about them?
Feel free to post links in the comments that you’d like me to see.
- My own work, taken April 2010
- English: Front view of Canon PowerShot G5 digital camera. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)