Goodbye, Stimpy Doodle
A bit of a photo and video tribute to our cat, Stimpy, who passed away yesterday.
It wasn’t a surprise. He’d been sick for a long time. He wouldn’t stay inside, and when he did, he’d try to eat things like fiberglass insulation. But he was all love and play…. lots and lots of play.
He really, really loved stuffed mice, for example.
He also had an odd memory for things. He couldn’t remember which door to go to for dinner, but he never forgot his sister, Lyarr. She died very young from FIP, and yet if something came out of storage that she’d slept on that might hold a touch of her scent… he would go crazy running about the house crying to her. Indeed, the day she died, he knew the box that she’d been placed in. He dragged one of those sticks with feathers on it across the room and dropped it by the box, patting the box and meowing.
Stimpy was a royal pain at times. But he loved so much, and he trusted so much too. He was The Boodle’s “first pet” in a sense, because Stimpy was here as M. grew up and not only accepted him, but loved having M. be with him. Whereas Asmodean had been jealous of our son’s presence in our lives, Stimpy Doodle was happy. New toys to play with, more scritches…
Though he kept running outside (what eventually killed him) and vanishing for days, he always came home and purred and loved and talked… oh, could he talk!
Although he died yesterday… it hadn’t fully hit me until I started writing this post and looking through the pictures. So please excuse the tears. I just wanted you all to get to know this sweet boy too.
Since Wednesday things have been on a slow rise toward progress after being sick. I probably could have made up a few things since yesterday, but my heart’s not in it at the moment.
- write every day; at the minimum, do 5 sentences everyday; not always fiction
- finish a complete (rough) draft of Courting the Swan Song did some searching and scene plotting
- make twice weekly blog posts (WIPpet Wednesdays and Some Thing 4 Sundays) on a consistent schedule check
- maintain active sponsor participation more progress on the sponsor post (I have a real rough draft!); the rest– check
- energize myself with more physical activity almost nada; we’ve been sick
- reclaim my writing space no progress here; some back-sliding
- go through some piece of my electronic home (desktop, laptop, server space, Dropbox, etc.) very little progress
- laugh more, hug my family more, share myself with friends more… a bunch of just us stuff, end of school break fluff
- attend chats and sprints on Twitter (at least one of each) nada