This should have been a Some Thing 4 Sunday post. Instead it’s another apology for missing yesterday. Basically, I didn’t plan my time well.
Saturday was the Boodle’s birthday. It wasn’t a big party day or anything. Actually, his choice for the day was to play videos and games in his room all day, only asking us to take him out to Ruby Tuesday for a birthday meal.
No biggie. We’d spoken with his well before about whether he wanted a party a while back. He does, but he wants to have it at Hoffman’s Playland once the weather gets a bit warmer. Weeeelllll….
He lucked out, but not because we’d considered our options well. First I scheduled the celebration at another place he’d tried for a classmate’s party. He changed his mind, and left me having to cancel that reservation (Thank You Station 082 for being so understanding about that) the week before the party should have happened. Then, after I made that phone call, I find out that Hoffman’s might not even be opening this year…
With a tentative first day on April 5th, the Hoffmans are opening their park. We won’t be choosing that as the party day, obviously, but… yeah. It’s happening!
Bad planning and all…
A bit of backsliding this week…
- write every day; at the minimum, do 5 sentences slacker
- finish a complete (rough) draft of Courting the Swan Song not much writing, but editing on track
- make twice weekly blog posts (WIPpet Wednesdays and Some Thing 4 Sundays) making up for missing yesterday with this
- maintain active sponsor participation on track enough
- energize myself with more physical activity workout on Thursday, some dancing and exercise daily since
- reclaim my writing space one stack down!
- go through some piece of my electronic home (desktop, laptop, server space, Dropbox, etc.) nec rerum commutatio
- laugh more, hug my family more, share myself with friends more… lattes with the Burton Bunch on Thursday, and wonderful lunch date with my hubby Friday, birthday(?) on Saturday and out-laws came to visit on Sunday
- attend chats and sprints on Twitter (at least one of each) made a sprint last Thursday