We’re really back into Courting the Swan Song again. Or rather, I am really back into the story. It’s been a bumpy start this month, but editing and plotting and planning and just writing out new scenes here and there have started.And so, here are 11 sentences from Alanii’s POV of a (completely raw) scene I’ve been building.
BTW, I actually forget the WIPpet maths I used to get my number today. It made sense when I started plotting out the post last week…
Alanii had only been able to close his eyes at the time. Too many times these past few days he had felt his world being collapsed down around himself, and now his heart felt deflated, the very pressure of his sinking chest painfully squeezing all desire to live out of him. “So what was all that about talking to my father for me?” he whispered, the effort to speak louder impossible to draw up.
“I will, just in case your father’s feelings are not as strong on the matter as you fear. But if he says ‘No’, then it will be ‘No’ from me as well.” The commander’s heart must have been made of ice, Alanii decided as the man continued to look directly at him, his gaze more calm and determined than even Val could manage on his best days. Alanii wanted to look away, but he didn’t. Something in him demanded that he stay firm, even in this denial of his hopes. If he were not going to ever be allowed in the service, Alanii intended that he make sure the guard commander wished he had been. He would make sure that every mean wearing the House baldric knew he should have been given the chance, that he would have been as valuable an asset to their ranks, of as much worth to them as they were to himself and his family.
And so he’d only nodded. “I understand, sir.”
Happy Internet Cheers to Kathi the WIPpet Goddess for her willingness to herd cats… I mean host this bloghop. The WIPpeteers hang out over at this linky; come on and visit!
- write every day; at the minimum, do 5 sentences one of two
- finish a complete (rough) draft of Courting the Swan Song slow progress, but progress
- make twice weekly blog posts (WIPpet Wednesdays and Some Thing 4 Sundays) check
- maintain active sponsor participation on track, am trying to decide if I should sponsor again this next ROWnd
- energize myself with more physical activity Monday workout and dancing yesterday
- reclaim my writing space more stuff down and dusting done
- go through some piece of my electronic home (desktop, laptop, server space, Dropbox, etc.) with two new online classes, the “stuff” has grown
- laugh more, hug my family more, share myself with friends more… just some “Me Time” (though I’m meeting Mom for lunch in 20 minutes
- attend chats and sprints on Twitter (at least one of each) nope