I mean, I am glad it’s the start of Round 2 of A Round of Words in 80 Days. I kind of wish that my self-imposed vacation from blogging and writing and all sorts of online stuff had been maybe just a day or two longer though. I’d almost reached that must write point in my head, almost settled enough after all the … stuff that took my head the last week of Round 1. It’s all in limbo at the moment… well, my grandfather seems better now and may be able to go back to his room at the nursing home, but we’re still waiting on news about whether the surgeon will take my parents’ case.
A few more days of escapism sounds so much better than the daily grind….
But I’m here. I had considered doing this post yesterday, since I normally post on Sundays, not Mondays. I wanted Grimm and read books instead. 🙂 Feel totally content with my choice.
THAT will be my focus for this ROWnd. Contentment and acceptance of who I am as a writer and creative person… Of myself as a very human person..
I’ll still have pressure moments to work on such as the upcoming JuNoWriMo as well as the present CampNaNoWriMo (which always struck me as weird given the chilly, mucky, muddy weather we always have in April). And I still intend to follow the goals I listed in the last ROWnd. They worked well, pushing me when I needed to get a nudge but being forgiving enough to not “hurt” when I failed. See what I mean?
- write every day; at the minimum, do 5 sentences
- finish a complete (rough) draft of Courting the Swan Song
- make twice weekly blog posts (WIPpet Wednesdays and Some Thing 4 Sundays)
- maintain active sponsor participation
- energize myself with more physical activity
- reclaim my writing space haven’t touched
- go through some piece of my electronic home (desktop, laptop, server space, Dropbox, etc.)
- laugh more, hug my family more, share myself with friends more…
- attend chats and sprints on Twitter (at least one of each)
And lastly, be more loving of myself for who I am, not who I think I want to be.