Feeling a bit torn today… I’ve finally got myself writing some new story pieces (mostly back story, true) for Courting. Yay! New fiction! Thing is, the scenes as they stand now (in their very, very rough draft state) would be huge spoilers (not to mention that they really don’t read like much yet with all the notes and “____” that I used when I couldn’t think of a name or specific detail I didn’t want to stop writing to look up later).
But, since any work on Courting means the story is still my Work In Progress, I can happily offer you a piece of second draft level work from the story… three sentences worth (1+6 minus the month 4):
A few mounted soldiers in what looked to be Lanii House colors gathered at attention near a footman who now stepped forward into the middle of the roadway and blocking their path.
Next to him, Lanilis Kailiis have his mount a slight kick so that he might move to the head of their small formation. The man’s off hand reached into the fold of his coat to retrieve a folded pouch of leather.
Cheers, maybe some jeers, even a few beers…for all the WIPpeteers and our creative chaperon, K.L.Schwengel, Queen of Flying Monkeys (among other things).
Some small progress since Sunday. I guess that makes sense… Two days are not that long of a time really. But it’s progress, and I get a feeling it’s progress I’m going to be happy with for a while.
- write every day; at the minimum, do 5 sentences didn’t write on Monday, but all better now…
- finish a complete (rough) draft of Courting the Swan Song started writing some backstory about Alanii’s mother and her ties to the Lanii family, as well as the ritual of Rebirthing
- make twice weekly blog posts (WIPpet Wednesdays and Some Thing 4 Sundays) check
- maintain active sponsor participation check
- energize myself with more physical activity “dancing” in the kitchen and use of handweights…
- reclaim my writing space no progress here, save gathering papers I’d scribbled notes on in one place for typing
- go through some piece of my electronic home (desktop, laptop, server space, Dropbox, etc.) I watched old episodes of Cold Case and typed in some notes from scraps of paper around my desk
- laugh more, hug my family more, share myself with friends more… some extra family time, poetry reading and hugs with the Boodle. Plans to get together with friends for dinner …well, a lot of things, including the weather, postponed those.
- attend chats and sprints on Twitter (at least one of each) none