Good morning, and welcome to my sixth Weekend Writing Warriors installment. The rules are simple enough:
- Add your name and genre(s) to the most recent post on the WeWriWa site
- Post a link to the WeWriWa site on your blog/Sunday post
- Keep your excerpt 10 sentences or less (8-10, no more!)
- Visit other WeWriWa authors and experience their work
(Find a complete set on the WeWriWa page as well as links to pages of all the authors involved. Check it out.)
Due to popular demand (I don’t normally post pieces in the order I wrote them anymore*), I decided to indulge your request to see what happened after last week’s post: Just Kiss Me. This nine sentence snippet follows right on its heels…
He nodded. Even if it was a tease, which he doubted, he owed her. He leaned down, lifted her chin with a fingertip. Drawing her close, he reached an arm around. He pressed her body into the arc of his own; he nipped at her lips–not once, not even a few times—he kissed her lips, her jaw, her neck… His fingers caressed the line of her clavicle and breast. A thrill ran through him, warming his senses, sparking images and unremembered thoughts.
She threaded her own fingertips through his hair, clutching. She nipped at his earlobes. Just as he was about to ask if she didn’t mind more, she retreated, swallowing frantically.
Thank you for reading; I hope you enjoyed the snippet. Coming up for WIPpet Wednesday, please enjoy another sample from the Was Long Variation. For the month of June, I have switched all my bloghop snippets to this work as I dive full-steam in the ♥Just Write♥ madness that are JuNoWriMo and Ready. Set WRITE! challenges.
* for those of you who would like to read a (non-fanfiction, but more futuristic) story I posted as a serial back in 2012, please check out the Unnamed Story links on the Stories From My Worlds page. The snippets aren’t short, so plan some reading time.