It’s Monday already, and I’ve not done much of anything here. Yes, posts have gone up, but I owe people visits, I’ve not planned any of my future blog hops, … I haven’t even looked at my other blog.
Back in school, I looked forward to summers for the time off from all the bustle. Even when I had to work on the farm, summer seemed somehow relaxing, calming, not… not this. When did summer become the busiest season of the year?
With that in mind, I have to take a serious look at my goals for the ROW80 and the RSWrite. I crashed on so many of them this week, that I think it’s time for a total revamp….
How I did on last week’s goal(s)
- bring a notebook with me — Yes! And most of the time I used it to write too
- allow myself a space to just relax and look around and observe — Not really; I want to keep this despite my failures, because I DO think it matters, and the few successes I have had have been wonderfully energizing
- write observations down — does two pages today when I had no internet count?
- a minimum of fifteen minutes of physical exercise daily — Yes, though I missed a full week of karate because of scheduling conflicts
- make a space to write with pen and paper at home — No success, and I am dropping this.
- ROW80 sponsor post (part deux) — no action except to jot down an idea inspired by two discussions on Tuesday and Wednesday
- type in 5 of my handwritten pages — none (although I did write over 30 new pages including today’s new two)
- brainstorm ideas for other blog — had a great idea for a post (A post, not several) and then forgot to write it or to set up the linky for the First Friday Photo blog hop I’ve started there (the linky is active now… Please feel free to join in and share your artistic eye)
My goal(s) for this week
It’s said it takes at least two months (often more) to build a new habit, so… I’m keeping my “Yes, I did it” goals. They aren’t habits yet, and I want them to be. But I’m trimming back a lot. See?
- bring a notebook everywhere
- allow myself a space to just relax and observe
- a minimum of fifteen minutes of physical exercise daily
- fifteen minutes of fun (non-research/work) reading
A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
Was it wrong to kiss a woman he didn’t love? he wondered for only a moment.
He wasn’t Hastor. And the Laninii was a lovely woman who deserved to be treated as properly befit someone of her birth. So, without a second thought, he leaned in the last bit, and kissed those moist lips.
The biggest challenge I faced this week (ie finding time to write, getting sick, having writer’s block, etc)
Too much time driving and out of the house… I feel like I haven’t had a chance to just settle (except perhaps for a few hours at Panera Bread on day) in a few weeks now. And anyone who writes in cafes knows how the din during the rushes can become overwhelming…
But I still wrote a lot. A big lot of words… Nearly thirty handwritten pages (about half in a 9×6 notebook and the rest in a 8.5×11.5 notebook) are nothing to sneeze at. I have really narrow handwriting and usually average about 275 words to a page in my little notebooks. So… that means I cleared an 8K week at minimum. Can I hear cheering this time? YEAAAHHHH!
Something I love about my WIP
Is it wrong that I’m dreaming of this weather now?
I absolutely adore my MC(s). Atyr’s a bit hard to get a hold on at times, but ‘Listii and Alanii are just wonderful. And all three of them create a synergy when they are together… well, it’s powerful just to write.
That’s my update. How has everyone else been doing with their goals? Not a member of either the ROW80 or RSWrite? You can join in at anytime. Jump on it and get involved with two wonderfully supportive online communities for writers. Here are the links for the most recent updates: