Good morning, and welcome to my tenth Weekend Writing Warriors installment. The rules are simple enough:
- Add your name and genre(s) to the most recent post on the WeWriWa site
- Post a link to the WeWriWa site on your blog/Sunday post
- Keep your excerpt 10 sentences or less (8-10, no more!)
- Visit other WeWriWa authors and experience their work
(Find a complete set on the WeWriWa page as well as links to pages of all the authors involved. Check it out.)
At last, I return to Courting The Swan Song for WeWriWa excerpts. I hope you didn’t mind indulging my fondness for fanfiction last month. Did any of you notice that Alanii was mentioned in one of them? I put all of my characters through their paces in the Was Long Variation before I let them completely free in their own world. Or at least, I try to; my characters usually have other ideas.
This excerpt follows about half a page after my last CTSS excerpt, It Suits Me Poorly:
Alanii stopped himself short. ‘Ssell? Vissellii Marae? This genteel lady could not be his friend’s snippy, mud-haired, spear-pole of a sister. He stared at the young woman who was now offering Val an embrace and a peck on the cheek. She turned next to offer her uncle the same.
He found his voice and his nerve. After the young woman had been freed by the Hastor Major, Alanii managed to be right there next to take her hand. “Lady Vissellii, it’s been a long time. How are you today?”
Thanks for stopping by!
- WIPpet Wednesday brings most writerly bloghoppy happiness. Please come by to enjoy another sample from the Was Long Variation there.
- For those who are looking for more of my fiction, you can find it here.