I have delivered the kitten!
Oh, you didn’t know I was supposed to be delivering a kitten? Oh! Well, if you’ve ever told a twelve year-old girl that you know where there are new kittens for free…. you’d be obliged to get said kitten. And since I was playing middle-man between the elderly cat-man (this man is in his mid-70s and love, love, loves his kitties) whose barn the kittens lived in and the twelve year-old girl… oh, and both this girl and this man live over an hour away (yeah, long story and long drive).
Mission accomplished as of 2pm.
And of course, I didn’t take a picture of said kitten, but I’m sure in a week or two there will be an update on Shan Jeniah’s Lovely Chaos about the arrival and adjustment process.
Though… I can say that this kitten is very much like the Boodle’s beloved JuJuBee. Of course, this new little girl is definitely JuJuBee’s niece, so that makes sense.
Now I suppose I should get to the real point of this post…
My ROW80Check-in & Assessment
And now my weekly assessment:
- Goal: working through three chapters weekly of James Scott Bell’s Plot & Structure (including exercises)
- Progress: still detoured progress here, though I not done much Syd Field’s Screenplay either (had to renew this)
- Goal: catching up in my local critique group (including submitting something this week)
- Progress: group is back working on projects, now moved to our shiny new Facebook group
- Goal: typing two pages a day of old notebooks in
- Progress: one page behind on count, but that’s not bad since I had nothing typed at all Wednesday
- Goal: (VIG) Write new words daily! (the Five Sentences thingie)
- Progress: not so good, but I knew I’d have no progress until Wednesday (I wasn’t counting on a sick day Thursday though); I managed four of the seven days and well over five sentences each day
- Not a Goal but Progress Anyway: maintained my progress in French and German for a twenty-day streak, have added a bit more social time with friends and family, have not added much exercise 😦 , and I’ve caught up my some of library backlog.
So… another week where I’ve fought to get my goals done, had some failures… I guess I was spot on when I picked out these goals in April. Looks another week of maintaining status quo, and that’s OK. I am glad that I made the progress I did given this was such a chaos week. And we’ll see what happens next week.
And that’s it. Why not visit a few other ROWers?