After several weeks of being on-edge, running close to non-stop…
I am stopping.
Not permanently, not even for a whole day even, I am stopping… for a time.
So… sorry, but no trite commentary, nothing profound, no lovely pictures (okay, so one–I HAD to try out my new phone!). Today and yesterday were days to stop and reassess the state of things. And to recover after far too much… stuff.
It was a good time to stop. I made my CampNaNo wordcount goal on Friday, while having a mini-write-in with my Syster-for-Years, Shan Jeniah, before going to see the new Star Trek movie as part of her birthday celebration.
It was also the last day for my husband at a job he’d had for the past 16 years.
As a measure of change, this weekend seemed the ideal period to consider things and to note with some personal change too.
Row80 Check-in & Assessment
I haven’t anything much to say here either. As far as goals go, this week was pretty much a bust. I don’t even remember what I did most of the week now… All is a blur of busy and do-this, do-that, go-here, go-there, answer-this, reply-to-that, return-X, buy-Y…
So… I don’t really have much to say here today.
- Goal: spend ~three hours a week delving into writing craft related learning
- Progress: I… don’t know. I really don’t know anymore.
- Goal: Hand-write new words daily! (the Five Sentences thingie)
- Progress: I can say I’ve most succeeded on this goal, especially thanks to the wonderful gift my husband bought me (a Galaxy Note 5) because we’d thought my old phone had died.
- Goal: typing two pages a day of old notebooks into the computer
- Progress: umm, I did some today, and I think I did a few days before Wednesday
- Goal: maintain local critique group submission of excerpts and critiques during non-NaNoWriMo months
- Progress: thankfully we were still in “Camp” and I didn’t have to submit anything. I still owe one critique
- Goal: return to regular posting in the WIPpet and WeWriWa blog hops
- Progress: I did a WIPpet, but no action on the WeWriWa crew; actually I suspect I need to delay that part of this goal another month, as August is when I’ll be offline out in the woods doing some real camping
- Goal: sponsor duties for the ROW80 twice a week
- Progress: on track, amazingly enough (except for that sponsor post!)
- Goal: Explore my creative side daily
- Progress: I did have some doodling time Thursday–trying to figure out why all my faces look like corpses
- Goal: Daily languages (except Sundays)
- Progress: on track
- Goal: daily exercise amounting to a minimum of 30 minutes a day
- Progress: I made time for this; it kept me sane
- Temporary! Goal: write and submit my sponsor post
- Progress: Hahahahahahaha… ouch. I shouldn’t laugh like a madwoman. It hurts the head.
That’s all to it. Hopefully, I’ll have some real news on Wednesday. At the very least, I will have another snippet of my most recent work in progress for your reading pleasure.