So, I finally cleared a thing off my (unofficial) To Do List. A while back I made a deal with fellow ROWer Caren Rich that if I would watch some James Bond movies she would watch some Doctor Who. Two big “names” in the entertainment industry with very different crowds….
We had reasonably good time each with the first showings. I asked Caren to watch the 10th Doctor episode Blink; she had me watch the Pierce Brosnan “Bond finale” Die Another Day. With both of us having fun with this “new to us” experience we were both up to try another round.
I chose Dr. No, the very first in the Bond dynasty, as my next ‘to see” and suggested a two-for of two of the more popular episodes from the 9th Doctor’s tenure (since Christopher Eccleston basically helped reboot the series with shows like these): The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances.
Mea Culpa! I had no idea that Caren didn’t like gas masks, and they are EVERYWHERE in this World War II era two-parter. She hated it, vigorously.
Me? I just watched Dr. No today as my part in this little trade. Can’t say I hated it. Can’t say I loved it. It was better than I expected (considering how dated the effects are), and now I can see why so many women went gaga over Sean Connery back then (though.. no, sorry). A good basic action flick… nothing special in any way and so very, very “white-washed”, imho. I could watch another 007 and probably enjoy myself, but I feel no need to see out any of them given how many other wonderful shows are out there.
Though, I would LOVE to have Dr. No’s underground hide-a-way.
Row80 Check-in & Assessment
(This space intentionally left blank 😉 )
- Goal: spend ~three hours a week delving into writing craft related learning
- Progress: oddly, I spent a lot of time on articles relate to writing this week, as well as a fair amount of audio-book time listening to authors describing their processes
- Goal: Hand-write new words daily! (the Five Sentences thingie)
- Progress: *hangs head*, missed two days though for the noble reason of family time (granted the family time mostly involved doing Pokémon Go outings with Boodle; we did a lot of walking and talking together)
- Goal: typing two pages a day of old notebooks into the computer
- Progress: missed the last two days, but had been averaging 3 pages a day before that
- Goal: maintain local critique group submission of excerpts and critiques during non-NaNoWriMo months
- Progress: July… CampNaNo, so nothing going
- Goal: return to regular posting in the WIPpet and WeWriWa blog hops
- Progress: steady progress and no progress, respectively
- Goal: sponsor duties for the ROW80 twice a week
- Progress: on track, though need to post this before I will go visit anyone else
- Goal: Explore my creative side daily
- Progress: I actually took out my purse notebook and sketched a face (I couldn’t login to Pokémon Go and made use of the time—it worked)
- Goal: Daily languages (except Sundays)
- Progress: daily, yes: all of them, no (Latin and German have been more of an every other day thing)
- Goal: daily exercise amounting to a minimum of 30 minutes a day
- Progress: either Pokémon Go or swimming pretty much every day, so aceing this
- Temporary! Goal: write and submit my sponsor post
- Progress: Ugh… so very ugh. I am fighting myself so much here. I am learning a lot about what I should not write (for all those wonderful muses out there who were saying that maybe sharing my struggles and “wrong words” might be exactly what the post needs, I apologize… but disagree, since I’m sure pages of mourning family, pets and friends will help no one save myself; that said, I’ve been able, through this process, to rediscover and relive and remember all the richer)
That’s all. That’s plenty. And… because this is a lovely photo of my favorite breed of dog, here: Enjoy!