After an insanely busy week, this evening, instead of going to my weekly writer’s group for some wordsprints and socializing, the Hubby and the Boodle and I headed over to Scotia to see a concert. One of the Hubby’s friends was performing.
Toward the end of the show we had a lovely evening and a pretty sunset. I wish the phone pictures did it justice:
Row80 Check-in & Assessment
This week could have gone better. It could have gone worse as well. Not really complaining, just tired. And Thursday? I could have done without the nine-hour wait for car repairs with a bored ten year-old. We broke the time up some, walking (in the icky, nasty heat along Central Ave in Schenectady) to go to the nearest McDonald’s… also the nearest spot to eat, though just a bit further was a Panera, and had I known how long the wait would be better food would have been chosen. And we did play some Pokémon Go, but really… the day was a bit pile of stress, phone tag with a phone that had no volume controls anymore, and a huge repair bill for what should have been an oil change and a safety recall.
If anyone asks about my feelings on our car….
Other than that, no real complaints. I need a bit more sleep, so… off to do that next. Looking forward to another busy on next week as the Hubby finishes his transition to his new job.
- Goal: spend ~three hours a week delving into writing craft related learning
- Progress: HA! Ha! *sad face*
- Goal: Hand-write new words daily! (the Five Sentences thingie)
- Progress: almost no; most of my handwriting has been taking notes lately
- Goal: typing two pages a day of old notebooks into the computer
- Progress: on track, barely
- Goal: maintain local critique group submission of excerpts and critiques during non-NaNoWriMo months
- Progress: actually submitted two of the critiques I owe; now I only need one more
- Goal: return to regular posting in the WIPpet and WeWriWa blog hops
- Progress: WIPpet, yes; WeWriWa, no
- Goal: sponsor duties for the ROW80 twice a week
- Progress: on track
- Goal: Explore my creative side daily
- Progress: nada, nothing, zip *sad face*
- Goal: Daily languages (except Sundays)
- Progress: Thursday became my Sunday this week because life got so crazy, but on tack otherwise
- Goal: daily exercise amounting to a minimum of 30 minutes a day
- Progress: with Pokémon Go and swimming in the pool (either one or the other sometimes both—I am exceeding this goal; it’s about the only “rest” time I’ve had lately
- Temporary! Goal: write and submit my sponsor post
- Progress: ANOTHER rough draft… not winning any awards
After the concert was over and we’d begun to head off in search of Pokémon, we saw fireworks on the other side of the road near the Glen Sanders Mansion. I only had my (overheating) iPhone 4 with me, so I didn’t get many great shots. But this one came out wonderfully IMHO: