For the record, I am generally in favor of reducing electrical drain (a well as fuel efficiency of most kinds), but certain things just shouldn’t be done. Unplugging plugging old refrigerators (if you expect to use them again) is generally not advisable, at least in my experience. They tend to not want to restart when you plug them back in.
Worse, however, is when you unplug a closed-up refrigerator with food in it, knowing that no one will be in the house for a few weeks because it’s summer and people are on vacation, etc.
I don’t know which of my brilliant relations did this to my grandmother’s refrigerator, but it made for an… interesting visit this Friday. I’m still coughing up mildew and cleaner fumes. And… I don’t want to discuss the onions. Nothing, except maybe rotten potatoes, tweaks my *UGHH* factor like rotten onions.
And now that I’ve probably grossed you out… don’t unplug the frig. Not until it’s cleaned out and empty. Then, leave the doors open to let it dry out.
This has been a Public Service Announcement. Now this will be a…
Row80 Check-in & Assessment
Had to get this check-in out because we’re off to Saranac Lake for the annual camping venture. VACATION!!!
I’m both so eager and in utter dread.
I’m not, at least not anymore than any other year. I’m actually ahead in that I packed my clothes this evening instead of waiting until the morning to do so. I have the list of scenes I need to write, I have my art supplies gathered, I have charged camera batteries and a clean CF-card… I even have my reading and research materials gathered.
I’m just not emotionally ready. This year has kept me spinning so much that I’m not sure I could relax if I tried. So many strong downs, so many wild and airy ups… I’m almost afraid to enjoy myself, lest something drastic follow.
- Goal: spend ~three hours a week delving into writing craft related learning
- Progress: I had most of it done by my Wednesday post, but nothing else since
- Goal: Hand-write new words daily! (the Five Sentences thingie)
- Progress: I missed Thursday, and Friday’s words had nothing to do with fiction
- Goal: typing two pages a day of old notebooks into the computer
- Progress: nothing since Wednesday
- Goal: maintain local critique group submission of excerpts and critiques during non-NaNoWriMo months
- Progress: soooo very behind here
- Goal: return to regular posting in the WIPpet and WeWriWa blog hops
- Progress: WIPpet is on track; the WeWriWa is still on hold; and I won’t be near a computer (save my phone) for the next week, so probably won’t do either one
- Goal: sponsor duties for the ROW80 twice a week
- Progress: mostly on track (I’m behind on replies to comments)… and all soon to be on hold for a bits
- Goal: Explore my creative side daily
- Progress: I created some new words the other night as I was scouring that frig… not quite shareable on a PG-13 blog
- Goal: Daily languages (except Sundays)
- Progress: oddly, yes… some inspired the new words listed above
- Goal: daily exercise amounting to a minimum of 30 minutes a day
- Progress: oh, I nailed—nay, excelled at—this one, even with the 3 hour drives across the state Friday and Saturday afternoons
That’s all I feel up to sharing now. Going to head out (I’m at Denny’s with my weekend writing group) so I can finish that load of laundry in the washer. So… bye!