Since this is Sunday, that means ROW80 check-in time (at the bottom of the post, as usual). It’s also Day 4 of StoryADay September. So, yes… another combination post.
First my StoryADay piece from yesterday (I was just not in the mood to post it yesterday evening). This will be the last piece posted on its own. From then on, I will be posting a PDF of the stories on Sundays only for people to see the weekly piece. Daily check-ins are just not my thing.
Today, however, I am posting Day 3’s Drabble (a story in 100 words). A little piece involving one of my favorite characters:
Edge slight right—not the shadow, just beyond. They watch shadows.
One, two… a moment more, the last looks away, off in different directions… severing their connection. Gazing elsewhere, favoring the darkness. He’d already moved beyond the shadows separating them. In… close… nearer than any lover..
A fleeting caress against the neck, heat gushing, blood pounding. “Don’t cry.” He leaves for the next too soon. Swift turning to a last dance of souls, beauty in each others’ movements, matched power, stepping in, closer… a gasp cut short with a kiss, sweet, wet.
Those were for the graves.
Row80 Check-in & Assessment
Since Wednesday, I’ve been… getting my act together after not doing much of anything over our vacation week on Saranac Lake. It’s not easy to start up writing when one has not done so for a week or so (especially when one was feeling somewhat blocked and over-stressed before taking that week off). And in coming back there are all the daily tasks to catch up on…
It’s taken me a while to build back up to a pattern again. I am getting there.
- Goal: spend ~three hours a week delving into writing craft related learning
- Progress: if I managed an hour, I’d be surprised
- Goal: Hand-write new words daily! (the Five Sentences thingie)
- Progress: Success!
- Goal: typing two pages a day of old notebooks into the computer
- Progress: nada
- Goal: maintain local critique group submission of excerpts and critiques during non-NaNoWriMo months
- Progress: I owe some work, and a submission
- Goal: return to regular posting in the WIPpet and WeWriWa blog hops
- Progress: I managed a WIPpet, but since I jumped into the StoryADay challenge, I am going to (once again) postpone my rejoining the WeWriWa crew
- Goal: sponsor duties for the ROW80 twice a week
- Progress: I’m on track for this week. I need to catch up with the week I missed for vacation
- Goal: Explore my creative side daily
- Progress: not really… more I’ve been practicing avoidance
- Goal: Daily languages (except Sundays)
- Progress: I didn’t do much while camping, but I’m back on track now
- Goal: daily exercise amounting to a minimum of 30 minutes a day
- Progress: even though I’ve been channeling my inner couch potato more than not, I reached my minimum; I’m content
- Temporary! Goal: StoryADay September
- Progress: On track, even if I haven’t posted everything; the goal is to write the story, not necessarily post one, daily
And… lastly a cheer for a wonderful husband: