And always getting further behind
This post is even late. Sorry, not sorry. I am starting to recognize that I can’t do All The Things no matter how hard I might want to. Getting the majority of it past the “Started” phase feels like a major accomplishment.
An even bigger accomplishment, I’m starting to learn is how to not even start a thing. How to say No and set small limits when I do accept a task…. It’s not as easy as I would like it to be, but I’m finding the short-term discomfort of not “pleasing everyone” is more than made up for by the decreased angst and disappointment of looming deadlines, late deliveries, failed efforts…. and all the stress that those things bring with them.
So, along with my other ROW80 goals, that is my major WIP at the moment: Me.
How did I do since my last check-in (typed in the comments of the Facebook thread)? Well, here’s my list of “updated” goals with annotations:
- Continue to freewrite daily; aim for at least three pages or 20 minutes BICHOP There’s been some writing accomplished. Very little. I slept a lot from being sick this weekend.
- Maintain the ROW80 blog and update pages and info as I can Posts for the next week are scheduled
- Spend an hour daily, five days a week, sorting computer files (photos, notes, etc.) While I didn’t achieve a full five days this week, I did get a lot of photos (and some notes) sorted. 1/2 progress
- Spend an hour daily typing in notebooks, five days a week If I managed two hours all week, that would surprise me, but I did type in some stuff
- Reading… focus on reducing the “presently reading” list by finishing the library books (the hold up here is that several are non-fiction for research purposes, and those can be slow going when I’m taking copious notes or cross referencing details) I finished two books on my TBR… just in time for another book to be picked up at the library
- Update name blog and test it for “digestibility“ Mostly I’m just doing posts for the Weekend Writing Warriors (and I have a First Friday Photo post scheduled as well. That said, I finally fixed my timezone issue. So real progress here
- Learn the ins and outs of the Fediverse (Mastodon, Diaspora, etc.) Nothing; I’d ditch this task if I didn’t feel it will be necessary in the long term
- Maintain a weekly sabbath, a day where I do not NEED to do anything at least If sleeping most of Saturday away having fever sweats under the blankets counts, then yep. Even if it doesn’t… I do feel better than I have in a while, and that’s no bad thing.
That’s about all there is for now. I am off to make some late lunch and get some laundry done. See you all on Wednesday