I wish I had more to share with you today than… oh, wait! I do have more to share than my bucket list of goals and the incremental progress I’ve made since Wednesday.
So… more flowers, more pictures!
These are about two weeks old now. Just before the rose garden in Schenectady’s Central Park finished its season, we made a family outing to enjoy the flowers. I’d remembered my parents bringing me there as a child (back when you could still used paddle boats in the park lake, so… yeah, that dates me just a little) and how beautiful it was. Thing was, after college in the 90s, I tried going back and sharing the memory with friends only to have it gone.
It was heartbreaking.
No more. The local community took up the charge, and it is now gorgeous again, a place to enjoy even on a very hot, very sunny Sunday in June. Please enjoy some of my favorite images:
ROW80 Check-in & assessment
I could have hoped to make more progress on my goals this week. Or rather, I wish I had prioritized my goals a bit better this week so that that I got through the bits that are weighing most heavily on my head now (can anyone say “sponsor post!”). I love deadlines…
- WRITING & CRAFT
- Goal: spend ~three hours a week delving into writing craft related learning
- Progress: I ended up at about 2 hours of online articles, mostly plowing through Marcy Kennedy’s blog
- Goal: Hand-write new words daily! (the Five Sentences thingie)
- Progress: I’ve actually done great on this. I needed to focus on my sponsor post these last few days, so of course my characters have wanted to talk up a storm with me.
- Goal: typing two pages a day of old notebooks into the computer
- Progress: Averaging 3.5 pages a day; the extra pages however relate to drafts of the sponsor post
- Goal: maintain connection with local critique group and submit excerpts and critiques during NON-NaNoWriMo months
- Progress: July CampNaNo, so no submissions, but I did finish the second pass on a crit I’m doing for one of our members last night
- Goal: return to regular posting in the WIPpet and WeWriWa blog hops
- Progress: I’m “okay” on the WIPpets, but I haven’t got the brainspace to work in the WeWriWa people yet.
- Goal: sponsor duties for the ROW80 twice a week
- Progress: on track enough… I never start a check-in’s worth of visits until I submit my post, so I need to finish this to move to the next stage
- Goal: Explore my creative side daily
- Progress: Too much sponsor post writing and re-writing. The high point in my creativity involved figuring out the limitations of my old iPhone 4 in a GSM network (quite a few, for the record). It was a kind of giddy feeling though, seeing the old beast bluetooth with the car today and call home as well as hotspot my laptop last night during our Denny’s Write-In
- Goal: Daily languages (except Sundays)
- Progress: on track enough; I think I may take back up the Memrise Chinese First 500 Chinese character’s app again, solely for the drawing practice
- Goal: daily exercise amounting to a minimum of 30 minutes a day
- Progress: squeak, squeak… creak, creak
- Temporary! Goal: write and submit my sponsor post
- Progress: Big NO. So many drafts, so many rough starts… nothing “feels” right.
That’s it. As usual, it’s a mixed bag. But that’s life.