I’m writing, but I’m not writing blog posts.
Blogging, while it is a wonderful way to share events and discussions, has taken a backseat to many other things in my life. Yes, I have challenges and check-ins to make. Mostly they are occurring on Facebook lately. I actually made one there five minutes before I realized I should at least write a “this is why I’m not posting much” post.
So I’m making two check-ins for the day…just so I can say I won’t be posting on either of my blogs (not that I’ve posted at a Garden of Delights for months) for the rest of August. Whee!
Here’s what I am doing so everyone is as up to date as I’ve been (which isn’t much, btw):
- I’ve increased my “test mile” back up from 500 words a day to 750. Oddly, I found that with the smaller test mile I was actually writing less and less each day. When I reached this Monday and I had missed two days, I decided to try pushing myself instead of codling. We’ll see how it works long-term, but by today I’m back to three days in a row and making my 750 for two of them.
- I’ve added a physical activity to make my body suffer–Budokai karate... The actual technique is comforting and reassuring. The calisthenics before and during the classes (which are over an hour each) are proof of just how out of shape I am.
- Included in the above comes another “monthly challenge”… 50 sit-ups a day. I’m not up to even that, not with doing smaller sets throughout the day. Partly it’s this cold I’ve had that has kept me from sleeping at night; mostly it’s my lack of conditioning. I managed 38 of them yesterday and made up the missing 12 as curls. Today, I’ve managed 2 curls total so far.
- I’ve started the August CampNaNoWriMo. It may or may not work for me this time, given that I will be offline for a good portion of the month, but there is something about the challenge that makes me write. And write, and write…
- Writing, I have decided, may NOT be a good thing. I love to write and to create stories, but I also have a mess in my desk and computer and I have stories that need to be fixed. A LOT of stories that need to be fixed. I also need some beta readers… I’ll wait until the end of the month for those however.
This list, of course, is hardly inclusive.
- I have to finish some paperwork for my college application so I can go back to school (I’ve decided to head back part-time, not full-time as I’d planned before).
- I am still working on books for the Bookmark Break Challenge and the Telling Tales Challenge (though both I have been abysmal at updating my progress on). And for the Literary Classics reading challenge, I am slowly working my way through Great Expectations….mostly because I find myself so very annoyed at Pip and his self-importance.
- And of course, I cannot forget the ROW80 for which this whole check-in was truly written for… Yes, I am writing, and I am adjusting so that I can keep writing and keep making progress.
That’s about it. It’s enough, don’t you think?