Things are Blazing
Okay, maybe not quite that extreme, but I’m extremely pleased with myself after these past few days. Not because I got so much done, but because of WHAT I got done.
I just sent that sponsor post out to our fearless leader (and now suddenly have ideas for a few others… maybe I’ll prep a few if my characters will give me a few more days of nudging them aside to do so).
I’ve also been (finally) rockin that creativity goal of mine this past week. I need to remember to start carrying pencils with me for my doodles—otherwise I get a lot of art that looks like this:
But if I’d stopped or put off drawing for when I had the correct tools, I’d have never met this fellow. Not sure WHO he is yet, but definitely feeling he has a story to tell. And I’m fairly sure he’s Hastor…
Row80 Check-in & Assessment
So how’s that for a week? I’m thinking good things. Not ideal things. I know I set aside some work I should have done to push past the block that was my sponsor post. Some call it prioritizing… I guess I should call it that too.
Sometimes it’s hard to admit I’ll never be Wonder Woman. Wondering Woman, yes… I’ve got that down well, but I am no Lynda Carter. *pouts*
- Goal: spend ~three hours a week delving into writing craft related learning
- Progress: I’ve been reading John Steinbeck’s Journal of a Novel: The East of Eden Letters. A lot of process and general perspective on writing, and maybe 3 hours of this so far
- Goal: Hand-write new words daily! (the Five Sentences thingie)
- Progress: *hems and haws* I wrote a lot of handwritten stuff (not only on my new phone love the handwriting app), but not much of it was story related
- Goal: typing two pages a day of old notebooks into the computer
- Progress: I managed two days of typing and not a full two pages each
- Goal: maintain local critique group submission of excerpts and critiques during non-NaNoWriMo months
- Progress: behind; I owe a submission and one more critique
- Goal: return to regular posting in the WIPpet and WeWriWa blog hops
- Progress: managed a WIPpet but as I noted last Sunday, I’m not rushing to jump into the WeWriWa
- Goal: sponsor duties for the ROW80 twice a week
- Progress: on track
- Goal: Explore my creative side daily
- Progress: *high fives self*
- Goal: Daily languages (except Sundays)
- Progress: done, though Saturday became my Sunday
- Goal: daily exercise amounting to a minimum of 30 minutes a day
- Progress: Doing pretty good. I missed … no days
- Temporary! Goal: write and submit my sponsor post
- Progress: THIS IS DONE *happy dance*
And before I start trying to post happy dance pictures of me trying to Zumba (cheers to you, ReGi), let me end this. It’s been a… pretty good, and very interesting, week.